ARCA Setup Diffs Plugin for ARCA Sim Racing 2008 by
The Sim Factory
The plugin creates HTML files that are
organized in a notebook containing sessions (Test, Qualifying, Race), runs (every time you leave
the garage), and laps. Each time you head out on the track, the plugin
takes a snapshot of your setup. Your lap times and tire temperatures are
then recorded and displayed with any setup changes that you have made since
your last run.
A notebook is created that contains an overview of each test session:
Each session file contains details about each run:
Each column above is a "run". Clicking on the "2 Laps" link at the
top opens a page with a similar layout in which all of the telemetry is broken
down by lap. On each page of the report, maximum values for the run and
session are highlighted.
Below each run (column), there is a setup section like the one below.
It shows what changes were made to the car between the two runs.
Lap times for each run are listed side-by-side for comparison:
Finally, the setup files (SVN) are saved and an HTML representation is
When you complete a run, a dialog is displayed asking for feedback:
|If you like the plugin and are able to
donate, your contribution will go towards hosting and development costs.
the contents into your ARCA Sim Racing folder (default is 'C:\Program
Files\ARCA Remax). Make sure you allow WinZip to 'use folder names'.
You should end up with the ARCASetupDiffsPlugin.dll and
ReadMe_ARCASetupDiffsPlugin.txt in the 'Plugins' folder and
ARCASetupDiffsPlugin.ini in the 'ARCA Remax' folder.
can edit ARCASetupDiffsPlugin.ini to enable or disable the plugin
and control some of its behavior. The default toggle to
enable/disable the plugin is CTRL+N. The driver feedback dialog can
be configured to display every time, but the default is to wait for the
user to press the spacebar.
I had hoped to be able to identify setup changes when made during a
pit-stop, but it does not appear that will be possible. So, make sure you
go to the garage during practice to make your changes.
I've found that it is convenient to change the output folder ('Folder'
setting in the INI file) and then have another computer access the HTML
file from a shared drive. I know this may not always be possible, but it's
nice to not have to Alt-Tab out of the game to view the data produced by
Please let me know if you
find any bugs or have any suggestions. Thanks -Rob.
version 2.0 - 11/17/2010
* Setup files (SVM) for each run are saved
* Formatting uses CSS file
* Dialog displayed after a run is completed asking for your notes
* Added on/off toggle
* Fixed bad tire averages when run was split by a caution or pit
* Added Data:
- Air & track temperature
- Combined tire temperature averages (rights, lefts, fronts, rears, LF+RR,
- Added fuel level
- Minimum ride height
- Maximum load
- Maximum lateral force
- Maximum deflection
1.1 - 05/02/2008
* Added average tire temp of left, center, and right readings with
1.0 - 04/28/2008
* Fixed a few spelling errors in the setup differences table
* Made the creation of runs at cautions and pit stops optional
* Show caution/pit stop note with 'Run' heading
* Highlight water temp in red if overheat light was on during lap/run
0.7 - 04/24/2008
* Changed lap # to display number within a run and the number shown in the
0.6 - 04/22/2008
* Highlight max/min values for all telemetry
* Display setup notes
* 'view complete setup' completed
* Moved grip and wear to their own table.
* All tables can be turned on/off through the INI file.
* Lap numbers correspond to in-game readout
* Bug fixes: Improper highlighting of wear on rear tires. Oil/Water temps
were not converted properly from C to F.
0.5 - 04/19/08
* Creates files at the end of the run instead of the end of the session
* Creates a new run when pitting or under caution
* Highlights max values for tire temps, brakes, oil, water, etc.
0.4 - 04/17/08
* Added pit and caution notes to lap output
* Added position to lap and run output
* Moved lap hyperlink to top
0.3 - 04/16/08
* Fixed failure to read 'Max Laps' and 'Max Runs' from INI file
0.2 - 04/16/08
* Display max, average, last tire temps & pressure
* Enable by session (test, warmup, race, etc.)
* Fixed a few display, math, and memory bugs
0.1 - 04/14/08
* Initial Beta release